BENZINGER Atelier: “Chinese Dragon”
Eye-catcher of this Atelier watch is the legendary Chinese dragon. Worshiped as a god and symbol of the Chinese emperors whose throne was therefore called “dragon throne”. Still today, dragons symbolize potent and auspicious powers, particularly control over water, rainfall, hurricane, and floods. By the way: In China, they celebrate the “Year of the Dragon” in 2012!
Our dragon which is attached on top of the dial is skeletonized by hands and shows many details of his origin brother. Its body is that of a mighty snake carrying red golden jags on its back, the hand-engraved scalls those of a carp and its head is similar to that of a water buffalo with mane. You will also notice its beard and the two a bit longer beards along the nose.
- 750/000 18 kt white gold case made in Pforzheim, bezel and the screwed-in strap lugs carry 80 diamonds, diameter of 42 mm, sapphire glass on both sides
- Hand-engraved, hand-guilloched and hand-skeletonized Unitas 6498 hand winding movement
- Hand-engraved, hand-skeletonized dragon motive in four colors, mounted onto the mother-of-pearl dial (design made on customers’ demand)
- Flame-blued hands in the shape of leaves
- Hand-sewed white alligator leather strap with 750/000 18 kt gold pin buckle
Price on request